Friday, August 23, 2013

Should College Students Purchase Renters Insurance ?

Students who live on campus typically don't have to worry about renters insurance: Their parents' homeowner's policy should cover the loss or damage of most items as long as the policy includes so-called 'off-premise coverage.' (Just be sure you understand the limits to this coverage and the deductibles that apply.) However, once you move off-campus and start paying rent, you are no longer covered by mom and dad's policy if there is a fire or someone breaks into the place,you shouldn't expect the landlord to cover anything either. "Landlords typically cover the building and not the tenant's belongings,They will not replace any damaged or stolen items.

Call us and let us explain how you can get $20,000 dollars of coverage for less than .30 cents per day.

Contact Capital Insurance Agency

Serving the community since 1996
                                                               (704) 545 -7000